We are holding our first big flu clinic for the over 65s on the 16th September. Invitations will be sent initially by text to all eligible patients with mobile phones, and you can book via your phone. Patients without a mobile phone will be called on their landline or sent a letter if they do not have a phone.
The following groups will be eligible for a flu vaccine from 1 September 2023:
• Patents aged 65+
• Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
• Pregnant women
• All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
• Primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6) –will be vaccinated at school, not at the Practice
• Those in long-stay residential care homes
• Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
• Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
• Frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme
We will also be offering the pneumonia or the shingles jab to all eligible patients; these can be given at the same time as a flu jab, or you can book an appointment to have it on a separate day if you prefer.